You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.52 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Dungeon Siege II
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dungeon Siege II
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 05-13-03 09:15 PM EDT (US)         
The announcement is finally here.

" Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Dungeon Siege II, the sequel to the best-selling RPG from Gas Powered Games, is currently in development and is slated for release in 2004. A trailer for Dungeon Siege II will be shown at E3, the annual video game convention taking place in Los Angeles from May 14 through 16. Visitors to the Microsoft booth (South Hall #1246) will be treated to a taste of the vision and direction of this upcoming title. This cinematic feast for the eyes showcases the extraordinary capabilities of the Dungeon Siege II engine, as the entire movie was created in-engine.

"Run to the village and warn the chickens!" said Chris Taylor, president of Gas Powered Games. "At this year's E3 we are showing the first sneak peek of what we have in store with Dungeon Siege 2. To emphasize the advances we have made in the RPG genre, we created a very special trailer using the actual in-game rendering engine. The future is here and we are all extremely excited to be a part of it with the announcement of the next title in the Dungeon Siege franchise."

Dungeon Siege II is the sequel to Dungeon Siege, an action fantasy role-playing game featuring an immersive fully 3-D environment. The original Dungeon Siege plunges players into a 3-D fantasy world where players can build up a party and move seamlessly from one over-the-top battle to the next.

Dungeon Siege is currently available in stores for an estimated retail price of $29.95 (U.S.). It can also be ordered by calling Microsoft at (888) 218-5617 or via the Internet at http://shop.microsoft.com /. For more information, please visit the official site at http://www.microsoft.com/games/dungeonsiege /.

Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the PC, Xbox video game system and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse game portfolios for the PC (http://www.microsoft.com/games/), including such franchises as Age of Empires, Flight Simulator and Zoo Tycoon; Xbox (http://www.xbox.com/), including such franchises as Halo, Project Gotham Racing and NFL Fever; and Zone.com (http://www.zone.com/), the official games channel for the MSN network and home to such hits as Bejeweled and OutSmart. "

Be sure to post any comments, predictions, or other things related to the release of Dungeon Siege II here.

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->

[This message has been edited by Aetius (edited 05-16-2003 @ 08:20 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Dark_Dima
Dungeoneerer
posted 04-11-04 10:41 AM EDT (US)     26 / 52       
COOL I like the new ideas.

╚╗₪ Đark Ξ Đima ₪╔╝
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 04-13-04 01:29 PM EDT (US)     27 / 52       
The screenshots look great, i hope they'll be sharing more soon, even if it's just one every two weeks.
The new exotic creatures also intrigue me, they sounds like they could be what i always expected summons to be, lots of different powers, not just a difference between attack and HP's.

New icons, by the way? Just noticed them now.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
David
HG Alumnus
posted 04-13-04 05:50 PM EDT (US)     28 / 52       
Those (icons) have always been there...
AncientGreyelf
Dungeoneerer
posted 04-23-04 03:01 PM EDT (US)     29 / 52       
Can I transfer characters from the online game to the single ofline game?And will I be able to use characters from loa in II? thanks
Uber_Kai
Dungeoneerer
posted 04-25-04 01:26 PM EDT (US)     30 / 52       
I have some friends whose father's cousins's son works at Gas Powered Games, and they said that it was way beind schedule. Anyone else heard something similar?
David
HG Alumnus
posted 04-25-04 04:29 PM EDT (US)     31 / 52       
Friend's father's cousin's son? Sounds like hearsay.

I guess you could say it's late, it was planned for Q2 release earlier, now we're looking more on a November/holidays release.

shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 05-16-04 12:19 PM EDT (US)     32 / 52       
The new spells look great, it seems the "casting" itself is made a lot flashier than DS1.
Also interesting was the new view on pets.

Quote:

When you first summon a pet they start out as baby with a level of one. As they go through combat they gain experience and level up. When they level up they grow, and players may feed the pets different items to have several different affects. So its more advantageous for players to try to keep their pets alive, instead of constantly sacrificing them over and over again.

The pets can now level as well? This game is looking better by the minute

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
David
HG Alumnus
posted 05-16-04 08:33 PM EDT (US)     33 / 52       
Personally I'm wondering what happens when pets die. If you resummon them, will they restart from level 1, lose just a little experiece, or lose none at all? Is there still a time limit?

Those are a few of the questions on my mind right now.

Outlander
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-24-04 01:20 AM EDT (US)     34 / 52       
Or could it be possible to ressurect them? And does anyone know if they count against your party count? I think I read somewhere that they did.

I've heard somewhere that there are no fires in hell
Just constant reminders that all you did was fail

I'm baaack
David
HG Alumnus
posted 05-24-04 03:36 AM EDT (US)     35 / 52       
Yeah, I think they do as well. So you will have to balance the party members/pets ratio.
Dark_Dima
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-24-04 10:39 AM EDT (US)     36 / 52       
I just hope the boss is cool and ultra hard.......... and the story is 10 times longer than LOA and Ehb.

╚╗₪ Đark Ξ Đima ₪╔╝
Outlander
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-24-04 05:57 PM EDT (US)     37 / 52       
Mmm... I heard the total game would be slightly shorter than the original, but the gameplay would be higher quality. Less of the "fight your way through 17 identical rooms" if you know what I mean. And I agree.... I want to see some gnarly looking bosses with some impressive attacks... I mean, in DS1, the mini-bosses (Robo-Goblin, that spider thing in Westron Cross, Greesh, and Spider chick and the elemantals LOA) were better than the endgame bosses (Gom and ShadowJumper).

I'm baaack
shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 05-29-04 06:01 AM EDT (US)     38 / 52       
About blind:
I think the page says it is the first curse the CM will learn, not the first spell.
I was never a big fan of the curses in LoA, they didn't last long enough, a lot of them could only be used on one creature (no group curses, though there were a few, i think). DS2 looks like it might make me use them some more, blind effects all the enemies in the caster's radius it seems, and for a level 1 spell, it lasts pretty long (and it's duration will only increase when leveling, maybe radius as well?)

Outlander
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-02-04 06:43 PM EDT (US)     39 / 52       
I'm hoping that there will be bigger districtions between curses, charms, spells, etc... Mebbe we'll have mages that specialize in charms or mages that specialize in spells... with the new skill trees it could very well happen.

I'm baaack
shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 06-03-04 11:12 AM EDT (US)     40 / 52       
I wonder how experience will be calculated for the cursers?
Damage done - potential damage done had the unit not been cursed * random number = exp?

Talon Karrde
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-16-04 04:49 AM EDT (US)     41 / 52       
32.3 meg version of some actual gameplay and 131 meg version of some actual gameplay. I downloaded the larger one over night. its narrated by chris taylor and is 9 minutes and 12 seconds long

Bah.
deadlydentures
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-22-04 10:28 PM EDT (US)     42 / 52       
sweet action
*starts downloading*

The movies are the same, just one has much better quality.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.

[This message has been edited by deadlydentures (edited 06-22-2004 @ 10:45 PM).]

shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 06-23-04 06:48 AM EDT (US)     43 / 52       
Wow those videos really rock.
Who else managed to squint long enough to get to learn some new stuff?

We know they have sets like LoA as the shiny blade the dual wielder equips is part of "Vistera's reflection set".
I noticed they added a timer how long it takes before you can attack again, that's useful.
Also a good look at the powers.

Fortitude(lvl1) adds to health i think. I thought defense at first as it says "toughen bodies" but below you see "maximumum health 8%" which makes me think it adds that percentage to health.
Aegis (lvl5) increases defense, +% to block melee, +% to block ranged and just normal defense ratings.
Overbear(lvl5) i think is the skill you need to dual wield, or a skill that increases your dual wielding damage.
Critical Strike(lvl1) speaks for itself, a chance to do double damage, the more skillpoints you invest in it, the higher the chance to strike critically.

Powers seem to have a lot of prerequisites, but i'm not sure if they just add or are actually needed as the character in the video didn't have anything near those stats. They probably just modified it a bit so they could show the power off.

dragnskratch
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-24-04 10:01 PM EDT (US)     44 / 52       
A pet you can feed,nurture,and watch grow! Can't wait to see the full blown beast's size and power.
kevo
Dungeoneerer
(id: kevingamer prime)
posted 07-06-04 07:30 PM EDT (US)     45 / 52       
Awesome. Can't wait.

\/\\evo'_____________________________________
//
"i get more IM's from AOL System Message than from everyone else"-Anonymous
Lath
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-08-04 10:20 AM EDT (US)     46 / 52       
Per: http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/dungeonsiege2.aspx

Spring 2005...

So at LEAST 6 more months...

David
HG Alumnus
posted 07-08-04 03:17 PM EDT (US)     47 / 52       
Yeah.
AncientGreyelf
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-13-04 08:20 PM EDT (US)     48 / 52       
As long as we don't have to wait for patches I can wait.There are sites still preordering DS2 to ship in november2004.Will we be able to integrate DS1 avatars?
Dagoth
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-31-04 08:32 PM EDT (US)     49 / 52       
Are they going to let you import from ds1?
shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 09-01-04 04:02 AM EDT (US)     50 / 52       
I'd find that highly unlikely.
DS2 is a whole new game, having you import ubercharacters from an older game won't let you have any fun with the new lower level spells/weapons in DS2.

David
HG Alumnus
posted 09-01-04 04:03 AM EDT (US)     51 / 52       
For singleplayer - I can't see it happening. For multiplayer - possibly, but you will most likely lose all your items, and since there are no skills in DS1 I don't really see this happening either. Too many problems to overcome.
Dagoth
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-01-04 11:24 PM EDT (US)     52 / 52       
Yae I see what you mean, although they were able to do it from balders gate 1 to 2 but they had a level cap. to compinsate.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames