You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Welcome! Also, what power is you most looking forward to see in action?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Welcome! Also, what power is you most looking forward to see in action?
David
HG Alumnus
posted 08-26-04 06:08 AM EDT (US)         
New forum!

I have removed any chances for you to get the first post in here though, both by posting this myself and by moving all Dungeon Siege II related threads from our General Discussion forum to this one.

Now, I hope this will become a nice and active place for discussions on Dungeon Siege II.

To kick it off, what power are you most looking forward to see in action? Personally I'm quiet interested in seeing how long Invulnerability will last. It sounds mighty useful!

AuthorReplies:
Armaron
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-26-04 06:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
But only for like 10 seconds. Other wise the fun is gone. I'm playing Dungean Siege for 3 or 4 days now and the smaller enemies can't hurt me anymore. Only one of my spellcasters is still a little vulnarible, but he'll survive.

I'd like to see some bows that shoot special arrows, like fire arrow 1 to 3 fire dmg. And the possibility to upgrade those things. I.e. upgrade your Iceblade ice dmg 2 to 5 to an Iceblade 5 to 6 at a smithy, against a fair amount of gold of course.

shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 08-26-04 07:36 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Where did you find Invulnerability david?
I too am interested if they will give the archers some more room to play with, i think i heard somewhere of a power that will let you shoot your arrow through multiple enemies.
It'll be hard to get them all to line up though

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
David
HG Alumnus
posted 08-26-04 07:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
I walked for one hour all across town to find and purchase the August issue of US PC Gamer shelper, that's where!

Quote:

I'd like to see some bows that shoot special arrows, like fire arrow 1 to 3 fire dmg.

I don't know about archers, but we know that mages can do different kinds of damage. And monsters have different resistances to the different kinds of damage. (ie Fire, Ice, etc)
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 08-26-04 07:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Any chance of you scanning it in for the rest of us?
Or at least just copying the interesting bits.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
Eccentricity
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-26-04 08:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
Very nice work, David! I posted a news so everyone can come see it. When the game finally does release we will be swamped making new pages. I have been using the GPG flash movies which I captured but I doubt GPG will make us movies for all of it and they eat an enourmous amount of bandwidth anyhow. I will probably start working on a new format for those pages sometime in January. Which CMS are you using for the main site, David? I have only dabbled with postnuke, phpnuke, e107, and my current CPGNuke. I have found CPG to be the best I have tested so far and the most secure.

[This message has been edited by Eccentricity (edited 08-26-2004 @ 08:59 AM).]

Eccentricity
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-26-04 08:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11       

Quote:

I'd like to see some bows that shoot special arrows, like fire arrow 1 to 3 fire dmg. And the possibility to upgrade those things. I.e. upgrade your Iceblade ice dmg 2 to 5 to an Iceblade 5 to 6 at a smithy, against a fair amount of gold of course.

This is currently accomplished, in Dungeon Siege I and DS-LoA, through the use of modifiers on the bows.

David
HG Alumnus
posted 08-26-04 09:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       

Quoted from shelper:

Any chance of you scanning it in for the rest of us?
Or at least just copying the interesting bits.

Sorry, no scanner. Not that it would be legal I reckon.
But everything that is said that isn't said anywhere else is included in these pages - it wasn't too much new things.

Quote:

Which CMS are you using for the main site, David?

We're using Zope for this site.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 08-26-2004 @ 09:23 AM).]

British Agent
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-26-04 03:42 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I'm just looking forward to the game in general. I don't even know enough about it to look forward to cerain powers.

~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Armaron
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-26-04 03:47 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       

Quote:

I'm just looking forward to the game in general. I don't even know enough about it to look forward to cerain powers.

Neither do I, I just gave my idea.

Eccentricity
Dungeoneerer
posted 08-26-04 08:36 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       

Quote:

We're using Zope for this site.

I'll have to have a look into it. I rather like it's layout. I may use it for my upcoming NWN site. Thanks.
David
HG Alumnus
posted 08-26-04 09:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
The layout don't have much to do with it. Zope is pretty much it's own webserver (from what I have come to understood), and most coding is done in Python.

But enough about that, stop dragging my beutiful thread off-topic!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames