You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Any news about DS2 Multiplay?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Any news about DS2 Multiplay?
Toastify
Banned
posted 10-30-04 04:42 PM EDT (US)         
Hey has anyone heard anything about the DS2 Multiplay? I mean as far as im concerned DS multiplay was was pretty good and was a well developed world. Not to say there werent problems with it. It was kinda like a multiplayer version of the single player game - wasnt much more to do than play through all the missions and such. Im hoping for a more complex multiplayer world where team coordination will be a vital part of the gameplay.
AuthorReplies:
Eccentricity
Dungeoneerer
posted 10-30-04 07:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I understand that players joining the game may be somewhat smoother than before.
David
HG Alumnus
posted 10-30-04 07:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Not to mention that you will be able to bring a party with you into multiplayer.
Toastify
Banned
posted 10-31-04 11:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Cool. And also cool that u will no longer have to wait for people to join that was kinda gay....
Alitar
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-09-04 07:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
I dont think it says anythin on the site about multyplayer but i hope they make different maps then just the 3 from the first ones.
David
HG Alumnus
posted 11-10-04 09:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
The same map will be used for both single- and multiplayer this time. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, it means they can devote all time and details to that one map.

But this kind of things is difficult to know before playing the game. We will just have to wait.

Orion_Tok
Dungeoneerer
(id: Sp3ctre)
posted 11-25-04 04:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Will you be able to play with people in a team? Me and 2 friends are looking for a game to all play together, and DSII sounds promising

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
David
HG Alumnus
posted 11-26-04 09:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
I think it is pretty safe to assume that they have not removed that feature. In this type of games, that has always been the main multiplayer mode, much more popular than player vs. player.
Orion_Tok
Dungeoneerer
(id: Sp3ctre)
posted 11-26-04 08:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I've got DS:LoA but I haven't had the time or the ability to play it online. I go to install DS on my Internet Enabled computer and the install disc is screwed (so I'll never get to sample it online)

So with DS multiplayer there is
1. PvP
2. Co-Operative Vs Computer?
3. Team 1 Vs Team 2?

I'd like to have my 2 friends play with me against other people, so I assume this is already in the game.

Is multiplayer good for DS? Do you need to finish single player with an ownage character to be able to compete, or do your players level up IN the online game and then you can import the upgraded players to new games?

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
crusader911
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-04-04 01:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Been a long time since I last checked on DS... still one of my favorite games. So many memories...

Anyway, wasn't this game supposed to be released this year? My party has been waiting all year for it, satisfying ourselves with WC3 and mmorpgs.

David
HG Alumnus
posted 12-04-04 06:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Ah yes, it was. But as pretty much all games nowadays, it's been delayed. The latest we've heard is spring 2005, and hopefully that will stand to the release.
HexHammer
Banned
posted 12-15-04 02:08 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dungeonsiege2/index.html?q=Dungeon+siege+2

Here are some previews on DS II, including ingame gameplay

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames