You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Strength of each race
Bottom
Topic Subject:Strength of each race
David
HG Alumnus
posted 03-04-05 01:33 PM EDT (US)         

Quote:

As their culture and background would indicate, they are geared towards nature magic, and will also use ranged weapons to protect their treetop settlements. Even though they can be fierce fighters, they lack the physical strength of Half-Giants, the combat magic skills of Elves, or even the supreme adaptability of Humans.

From today's preview on dryads.

So;

Dryads are good at nature magic and ranged combat.
Half-giants on melee fighting.
Elves on combat magic.
And humans are jack-of-all-trades.

Nothing too chocking there. Question is, in what ways will the races be specialized, and how much?

AuthorReplies:
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 03-04-05 01:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
As i mentioned elsewhere, i think it's odd they'd give dryads two skills, archery and Nature magic.
Personally i see the elves more archerlike, and not so much Combat Mages.

What are the odds of them including a fifth race?

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
MentalMaze
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-04-05 04:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Really..... I would see elves as more of a nature mage type and bow type then combat mages. I have to agree with shelper on this one. Kind of bums me out as I like to do the mage thing and was looking at doing an elf for it.

Maybe it's not to late for them to make the changes. Or I guess maybe best to stay with a human and have the option.

Is what I am understanding here that if you use a dryad for a comabat mage he/she will not be as strong of a character as would be if you make them a nat mage or ranged?

Seems all this kind of stuff would be very important to know before one starts so one builds a strong character for their time spent. I would hate to be an elven nat mage and end up with poor lvling or stats because it is built in for him to be a combat mage and not know that.

When I whisper of deep dark space
Or ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time
David
HG Alumnus
posted 03-04-05 05:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       

Quote:

What are the odds of them including a fifth race?

Not big at all I'd say, with the game as close to release as it is now.

It all comes down to how large the changes are. I'm sure it will be absolutely doable to create a elfish nature mage, it might just be that half-giants for example starts with some extra points in strength and less in intelligence, etc.

If they want to go really into it, the race could decide how many skillpoints you get, but I'd doubt they do that. Dungeon Siege II is still an action-RPG after all.

wood kid
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-11-05 10:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
About the 5th race idea they could do elves:archery drayds:nat mage half giant:mele human:jack-of-all-trades
then they could add a demon like race that for some wierd reson went nice that would be good at combat magic
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames