You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » New questions for old game
Bottom
Topic Subject:New questions for old game
Ridiuss
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-11-06 00:13 AM EDT (US)         
I know i know, somewhere this prolly got answered, but i need help since i just started, i have a few questions.

1. What level were your toons when you got up to the three wizards on top of the platform?

2. What percent of Side Quest did you complete before you got to the three dark wizards on top of the platform?

3. How many people did you have in your party by the time you got to the three dark wizards?

Basically i feel very overpowered at this point in the game and any advice would be great..TYVM!

AuthorReplies:
GenaNaRcHy
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-11-06 03:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Hi, i am also new to this game. I just got into loads of trouble. When i was typing a chant, i wrote something else by mistake, and the next message said that "all item labels turned off". Now the thing is, i cannot see the names of the objects that have fallen on the ground. I badly need help with this, ASAP, i don't know how many items i have already missed in the quest...pls help.....i cannot play anymore till this is fixed...
Hassat Hunter
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-11-06 04:10 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
For poster 2; Press L

To poster 1; Probably 3-4-5 levels above all monsters. Unfortunately. DS2 IS a bit too easy. They altered this in the expansion though; but that ofcourse is no fix if you do not have the X-pack

Ridiuss
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-11-06 08:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
ok cool, people are out there..

Hassat, all you need to do is look for a button to click on the bottom left of your page to turn labels back on, the button is bottom left on the page while playing, on the playing screen.

Does anyone know when do yoou become a veteran, i think i need more than four people to roll with, boss im up to now is mean.

Hassat Hunter
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-11-06 08:13 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Wasn't me who needed that help

You cannot add a 5th member untill Veteran mode... that will be after you defeat the final boss in Mercenary; and restart all the way from Greilyn again.

But tell what boss you are stuck on (The Archmage?) I am sure people can help you with them (in this case; keep those death ball creation shards destroyed!)

QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-11-06 12:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
By the time I get to the 3 dark wizards in mercenary, I'm usually pushing level 40 or so. Mind you, I usually play with solo characters so the extra few levels over the expected is a prerequisite for success in many parts of the game. I also do as many side quests as possible, although I will usually leave out most of the henchmen's side quests. Doing more side quests means more experience from slaying monsters, more loot and occasionally, bonus skill points so I place a high importance on completing as many as I can

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
Ridiuss
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-11-06 01:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Yeah, im dumb, i realize by Veteran, they mean, playing on Veteran Level, and Thanks for the Level info, so i guess i need to try a diffrent strategy, cause most my guys are LV40.
I guess i will try again, right now im just farming for extra XP and Loot, cause upon my deaths i seemed to have lost an item or two.

My party right now is 2 tanks, one nature caster and one Combat, i never died until now, LOL..I had a ranger, but swapped her out for Lothar, gonna go back and see if the Meat wall can help out.

Anyone Mind stating how much HP and STR your fighters have? and INT and Mana for Casters?

Thanks people!

QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-12-06 05:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
If you're having trouble killing off the 3 dark wizards, put your party into mirror mode and lay into one of them (I usually lay into the death one first - check the colours of the magical tethers between the wizards and the crystals that make up their shields to identify which wizard is using which element), constantly drinking health potions (to take the strain off your healer a bit) and ignoring the beast they summon. As soon as one wizard falls, the beast vanishes. You can also make the beast vanish early by luring it onto the elevator in the centre and pulling the lever to make the elevator descend (I don't know why this would kill the monster, but it works). And if the ground ever starts glowing at your feet, move to a different location to continue your onslaught.

Those tactics work for me... Perhaps they might be of use to you?

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
Ridiuss
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-12-06 11:46 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
All i have to say is thank god people this game is good and people ar still playing it and answering the forums, thanks for all the help peeps, gonna go now and see if teh strategy works.

Also, anyone feel like mentioning the strength and hitpoints of your fighters and INT and MANA of your casters?

Thanks again.

LewisTherin
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-14-06 04:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
hrmm well this may not be too much help to you, but as for the hp and mana on tanks and mages.
Well at the moment my new party of lvl 51s has the tanks on 1000 hp, my combat mage has 2k mana (but only 600 hp :S) and the nature mages are sitting at about 1.2 k mana each.
But as a bit of advice, i dont think its the hp that matters as much as armour, my other party only had 1500 hp on the tanks when i finished elite but they had 1200 armour or some stupid thing like that, so my advice for ur melee guys is to go for items which provide armour above all else.
Also dont worry too much about the mana difference between combat mages and nature, nature mages get the natural bond skill which massively reduces their casting costs (by 60% at level 20 so i recomend maxing this skill, also level 20 will provide 2 colossal mana pots per mana tree thing)and im pretty sure that the most mana guzzling thing they do is healing. Combat mages on the other hand can be ... nasty in their use of mana, fire and lightning mages guzzle it like crazy, if u want to reduce mana costs on a combat mage i recomend focusing on death magic ( <3 soul lance) Anyway hope that rant was useful to some one...
Ridiuss
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-15-06 11:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Hello people,

Hey how do i get into those Vai Kesh Caverns in Arinths Ravine?

Also does anyone know where i can find the spirit in Arinths Ravine.

Hey, what do i do with those small circles of mushrooms scattered about the lands?

tryna to do some backtracking, i think im very close to th end since i have the Aegis pieces but i want to get some of those other side quest done to maybe get a goodie or two...

Thanks for all and any help..

[This message has been edited by Ridiuss (edited 11-15-2006 @ 11:43 PM).]

LewisTherin
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-16-06 05:22 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
depends which vai kesh cavers u mean, i assume its the ones where u go up to a door and talk, then some vai kesh says some thing along the lines of 'what do u want' with your avaliable reply being 'i bring an urgent message' or a variation. then it just tells u to go away cause u are not the one... its part of princess eva's secondary quest, which can be activated to talking to the lone survivor of the caravan that was carrying the aegis of death, its right next to the south southern vai'lutra forest teleporter.

the spirit of arinths ravine can be found in the vai'kesh grotto, the place just after the vai'kesh boss and before the shambler, i think its in the middle cavern space of the grotto but im not sure, just have a look through it and u should see the spirit. a tip on finding all the spirits, if u see an incantation shrine then theres often a spirit lurking somewhere around there.

the rings of mushrooms? again, they are part of a secondary quest, get amren in your party and go to one of the mushroom rings, then he will activate the quest for u.

hope that helped.

Ridiuss
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-18-06 07:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Hey Peeps, thanks for all the responses,

Hey uhm,?? my old heroes, Deru or the people you let go, where do they go when you swap party members??? I've checked the INN's and dont seem to have them available any longer.???? heeellppp

of course thank you all for any help and advice, thanks for your time. later dudes.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames