You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Mysterious Mystery Quest
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mysterious Mystery Quest
Serena_Eldar
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-19-06 06:05 AM EDT (US)         
Does anyone know what the "chants" mean? I got as far as (do not ask how!)....

columnarius sectorus = Follow the thief
Requo furtivum ixo = Repeat a secret [to pass] or [password]

Thanks.

AuthorReplies:
Falraen
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-30-06 08:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Hey, is I'm not mistaken youre talking about the "Mysterious quest". It isnt technically a quest you will not find it in your journal, it's an easter egg of the game. okay let's start with things you'll need to find for that quest:

1. "The mysteryous bucket", it's located in a secret room in mysterious elven ruins (you know the place where Arinth the mad is).
2."The mysterious token" It can be found in the final treasure chest, during the quest "The Amanlu arena".
3. "The mysterious book" rewarded at the end of the
secondary quest "Lore of Aranna".
4. "The mysteriuos token", it is dropped by the creature "???" which sometimes appear to snatch your items(that annoying). The "???" creature has a slight chance of appearing every time a rare or better item drops in the game, but it will only stick around for a few seconds. (You probably won’t be able to kill it until Act Three.) To increase the number of times it appears, wear as many "chance to find magic items" bonuses as possible.

Once you’ve acquired the first three items, notice a couple things about them. The bucket contains the phrase "vex quit from", the token contains the phrase "quit from vex", and the book contains the phrase "from vex quit". Also, if you wear the items (the token is an amulet), you’ll discover three groups of numbers listed as set bonuses: "5 2 6 4 3 9 2 8", "3 11 7", and "6 10 1 2 7".

The numbers are indexes. If you replace the numbers with the relevant letters from the phrase "quit from vex", you’ll end up with the new phrase "furtivum ixo requo". However, that’s not the correct order for the words. The correct order is "requo furtivum ixo".

The Mysterious Cave
If you look at the journal entry for the mysterious stone, you'll find the words "surotces suiranmuloc" in italics. This is a chant, but it's backwards. The actual chant is "columnarius sectorus". If you manually type in that chant (by pressing the enter key first) while standing at an incantation shrine, you'll be taken to a Mysterious Cave

You'll start out at a teleporter, but the teleporter will only take you away from the Mysterious Cave. So you might want to summon a town portal just in case things go badly. Otherwise you'll manually have to type in the chant at a shrine again.

Not far into the cave, you'll come to a door blocked by a blue forcefield. You'll need the mysterious bucket to open this door (the bucket doesn't need to be equipped to work as the key). Beyond the door you'll find numerous level 40 prairie dogs, including elite prairie dogs. Prairie dogs don't sound dangerous, but they can swarm you, so be careful.

At the end of the prairie dog section, you’ll find another door with a blue forcefield. or this door you’ll need the mysterious book (which, again, doesn’t need to be equipped). Beyond the door you’ll encounter the most difficult part of the Mysterious Cave. That’s because sprinkled in this section you’ll find evil versions of your companions, and they’ll all be level 40 elites with tons of hit points. In fact, the evil companions are tough enough that if you get more than two fighting you at once, your group will probably get wiped out. So you should try and lure the companions to you one or two at a time. For best results, you should use wait mode (press 0 to get into this mode), and have one character do the luring while the other characters wait to pounce.

At least in earlier versions of the game, dying in this section of the Mysterious Cave could break the upcoming door. That’s because the door requires you to kill all of the evil companions, but dying sometimes causes a few of the companions to disappear. So I recommend hat you save your game before fighting the evil companions, and then only save again once you’ve made it through the door. When the evil companions spot you, they’ll talk first and then move. So when you hear them say something, you should start retreating your “lure” character back to the rest of your party. If you wait for the companion to actually move, you might wake up more companions than you need to.

In the section past the evil companions, you’ll find NPC’s representing most of the people who worked on the game. Several of these can give you objects:
1. Chris Gorski He’ll ask you to play a “hunt-the-wumpus” style game. There are probably quite a few answers that work, but the one we found was: E*9, S*2, W, S*3, W*2, Fire West. If you manage to kill the giant gremal in the game, then you’ll win a gremal gun.
2. Andres Mendez He’ll give you a quiz about Colombia. The answers are Bogota, yellow/blue/red, 8660, 55% and Simon Bolivar -- but don’t worry; if you get a question wrong, you can just take the quiz again (and again and again if you need to). Once you’ve answered correctly, Mendez will give you the unique sword Spirit of Bolivar.
3.Brian Ficks If you have the Hak’u ceremonial blade from the secondary quest Taar's Investigation, then Ficks will offer to “trick it out” for you. If you accept, then you’ll end up with the Hak’uber ceremonial blade.
4.Chris Taylor If you hang out and keep talking to him and keep watching the pillow fight, there’s a good chance that Taylor will eventually drop a fluffy happy pillow.

Finally, at the last door you’ll need to wear the three items from the Mysterious Set and then (manually) recite the chant “requo furtivum ixo.” That will cause the door to open, allowing you to access the treasure room. Your mysterious items will disappear from your inventory when you recite the chant, and, inside the room, a goblin inventor will walk around for a second before disappearing as well. ( I didin't get the meaning of that goblin.... I only remembered the goblin inventor in ds1, maybe its somehow linked).

Inside the treasure room, you’ll find three big chests Each one will drop a bunch of random loot, plus an Easter Egg item: Sarah’s mug of frothing goodness, Borgrim Thul -- the demon’s visage, and Eli’s bucket. Well i think that's all. Hope it helps.

Heavypunk
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-30-06 01:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I think he meant the literal translations of each of the chants. As in Latin to English...not the walkthrough.
Cobra the Mediocre
Dungeoneerer
(id: The_Cobra_81)
posted 12-30-06 04:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Well, all the chants are in Latin, I believe, and just knowing what some words mean in English and what the chant does can give you it.

Three words pop up often: Vigorus, Agilus, and Ingenus, referring to melee, ranged, and mages respectively. I'm guessing they refer to Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence, which is appropriate. You also get Physium, Propelum, and Incantum, which seem to refer to the three once again.

I'm also hypothesizing that Ixo and Ix refer to greater while Es refers to lesser, while the middle level chants have no such attachment. Requo seems to pop up while someone is summoning something, so I think it means "request."

I'm not sure that second one of yours is right, because it keeps popping up in other chants where Ixo and Requo don't make much sense. This thing also disagrees. Furtivum seems correct though, from the word furtive. I'm guessing it means "Request a big secret."

So, using these theories...

Vox Mortem: Speak/Voice of the dead
Dono Experium: Give experience
Arcesso Arcanum: Summon a sacred secret (Like the secret to powering up the Soul Staff, apparently.)
Letiso: Deadly/Death-dealing (I thought they just made it up!)
Rando Artifex: Random Creator.
Requo Malum (Ix/Es): Request something (really/not very) bad.
Requo Amicum (Ix/Es): Request something (really/not very) good.
Vigorus/Agilus/Ingenus Adeptus (Ix/Es): (A lot/A little) Skill at strength/agility/intelligence.
Incanta Rapida (Ix/Es): (Really/Not very) Fast casting
Vexori Impedio (Ix/Es): (Greater/Lesser) Stop/entangle curses
Rando Conjurum (Ix/Es): Randomly summon something (high level/low level)
Dono Fortunam (Ix/Es): Give (a lot of/a little) luck
Multus Vitalis: Much health

Anyone got any ideas on Magrum Erupto? Erupto refers to an explosion, but I don't have a clue about Magrum.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
Heavypunk
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-31-06 10:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I did actually latin when i was younger, so I should have helped out sorry.

Magrum (I'm guessing) is along the lines of huge, big, etc.

Amicum is friend, friendly, etc.

Apart from that they seem to be right.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames