You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Mods 101
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mods 101
Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-29-06 10:46 PM EDT (US)         
I've played DS2 a few times (I just can't resist) but I've never played a modded version of the game. A few questions please. How exactly do they work? I mean are the war hounds supposed appear at the pet shops on thier own? Are the light sabers going be found at the weapons shops? Or is there something I nee to do to engage the mod while playing? I know, I know, If I've played this game a few times then I should know how this works. Please forgive me. I tried to download a mod while in the middle of act three and my game was completely erased. Should I start a new game with mods or can I add them in later (apperently not, but I don't why my game was erased). Any info will be sweet, thanks
AuthorReplies:
Heavypunk
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-30-06 04:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
From what I know about Mods (very little I'm afraid). Is that it is best to start a new game once you've downloaded and installed them. The current mod i'm using is one which allows 4 autocast spells and 2reserve in the spellbook section. This just made it easier as i could then have two buffs, a healing and a cm damaging buff. I'm afraid your other questions are unknown to me .
Darkelven
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-30-06 10:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
for mods most will go wherever ya have dungeon siege II installed in the resources folder and thats mostly all ya have to do.

yes your game will disapeer from the main screen once ya add the mod, but it should still be available when ya click on single player button and select character from that screen... this is the known crc check DSII does when mods are added and removed... when using mods its best to download Elys all*saves and play the mods that way cause the characters will show up and not disapeer. so make sure ya download Elys all*saves...

as for the war hounds they will appear at the pet shops after ya complete the direwolf quest, pretty cool mod... and the light sabers will appear in the weapons shops as soon as ya get to one, yet another nice weapon.

i would suggest starting a new game when using mods but ya can add them in later if ya want... but its funner having mods in from the start. anyways if ya download elys all*saves your disapeered game should reappear, so use that! - Darkelf

[This message has been edited by Darkelven (edited 12-30-2006 @ 10:43 AM).]

Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 12-30-06 01:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Once again, thanks everyone. That helps a lot. I think I'll just restart my game. But this time, with all saves, mods and everything else I need in place at the start. From what you guys are telling me, that's really the best way.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames