You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Would a graphic map be of use to the community?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Would a graphic map be of use to the community?
TuShaWuJin
Dungeoneerer
(id: shaun1)
posted 01-13-07 10:05 PM EDT (US)         
The short explanation is I can't remember where the Mana/Health patches and other things are, so decided that I could make a map and print it out. Here is an image of the starting town and I placed the icons I plan on using for the Mana/Health patches. I haven't placed the shop icons on it yet and am thinking of including yellow circles for breakable treasures, yellow rectangle for chests and green circle for the nettle cluster locations (got the idea).
Past post mention a similar idea but the links are broken.

AuthorReplies:
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 01-14-07 04:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Hrm, you are right there were indeed plans for this. I don't think we got very far though.

Also: might a green circle perhaps be better used for shrines?

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
TuShaWuJin
Dungeoneerer
(id: shaun1)
posted 01-14-07 07:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I was planning on grabbing the shrine and teleporter graphics from the game. I will send you the maps as I finish them if you like. Just need to know what file format(gif,png,jpg). I am grabbing the graphics using the Tank Viewer and then pasting them together using screen shoots as a guide. It would go a lot quicker if I know how to remove transparency from the in-game map. You or whomever you draft can markup or tag the images, I will include only those site markers(excluding nettles,barrels,chests) you want. I am just starting so if someone wants to jump in and volunteer to do the desert or later maps it will get done that much faster.

(edit)
Changed the graphics to reflect what I expect a single printed page to look like. Started working on the territory to the south of the tree town.

[This message has been edited by shaun1 (edited 01-16-2007 @ 08:47 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames