You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Killed ??? No stone
Bottom
Topic Subject:Killed ??? No stone
canonymous
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-17-07 03:22 PM EDT (US)         
I have killed ???? six times in my current game and he hasn't dropped a stone yet.

I've collected a lot of other really good stuff (more than 4 things sometimes.....but no stone.

How do you get the stone?

Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Cobra the Mediocre
Dungeoneerer
(id: The_Cobra_81)
posted 05-17-07 04:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Are you sure you've actually killed him? See, each time you hit him, he drops a rare item. But if you can't get in enough damage in time, he'll disappear into the ground, not die. He always drops the stone when dead, so this probably means that you aren't dishing out enough damage. What I try and do is use all my Brutal Attacks/Take Aims/Gathered Bolts or other powers, to maximize damage in a short amount of hits.

Keep trying; you'll get him eventually.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
julestwl
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-18-07 03:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Also, the little blighter moves incredibly fast so the second you see him, pause the game, engage mirror attack, put all your powers at once on him then unpause to carry on annihalating him. That should do the trick.

One other point: are you playing DSII or BW via the BW expansion? Just thought I'd ask as I couldn't work out why the Mystery Quest didn't work until some kind soul on here put me out of my misery and pointed out that you can't play it through the expansion.
canonymous
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-18-07 09:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Thanks for all your help.

I didn't know you couldn't do the mystery quest in BW. As it turns out, I haven't installed BW yet.

Am I sure I killed him? Well, I thought I had and it says "Kills: 6" in my journal.
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-18-07 04:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
The journal kill count is meaningless with "???"... that's only a count of his appearances.

And you can play the mysterious quest using the BW game, just not on the BW map (the MQ is part of the original DS2 map only).

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

http://www.siegetheday.org/

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames