You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Plain of Tears
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » The Plain of Tears » I'm afraid I need some hand-holding
Bottom
Topic Subject:I'm afraid I need some hand-holding
Joe Sahyan
Dungeoneerer
posted 04-25-06 01:07 PM EDT (US)         
Several people have responded to my plaint about the quest to restart the four waterways of Kalrathia, and I'm grateful to them....But....What I'm afraid I need is some direct hand-holding. I've managed to open the first three waterways - the Western, Northern, and Southern - but I simply cannot find the way to open the Eastern Waterway (or even, really, to *get to* the waterway itself). Where I am is at the Incantation Shrine, not overly far from the Southern Waterway.
Does *anybody* know of a site where I can find the directions I need? The strat guide is distinctly unhelpful in this. I'm at the point where I stayed away from the game for several days, out of simple frustration; and my patience is not getting longer; I'm trying to resist the temptation simply to quit the game and go on to other things - which I don't want to do, because so much of the game is so good, otherwise.
I apologize for being dense, and I certainly don't want to shrug off the folks who've tried to help me, but...I regret to say, I need more help. I'm a simple sort, I suppose, and geography and direction-finding are very far from my strong suits (if, indeed, I have any).
Thanks again for the folks who've offered help, and thanks in advance to anybody who can give me any more of the help I need.

Joe Sahyan
Sahyan51@hotmail.com

AuthorReplies:
QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 04-28-06 05:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I don't believe in holding hands, so I won't do that. But I will give you a coupla hints that might help you out.

Look for buttons in the walls, and push all of them you find to open up secret passages that form shortcuts. There's more than one way to complete a puzzle, and in this case the usual routes aren't enough to get to every gate in the waterways. Also keep your eyes open at all times, and if it helps have a pen and a few sheets of paper on hand so you can draw out a map of the place.

Also note that the button/sliding door complexes that you need to navigate to reach some of the waterway gates have more than one possible exit to them. This is where the pen/paper comes in very handy - you can draw those areas out and mark what doors each button opens/closes, and then plan which buttons you need to press to reach the alternate exits and move into new areas of the underground complex.

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-17-06 10:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Yes, A good pencil and paper will never fail you....but. I found this puzzle to have one element about it that no other part of the game has. You simply need to be in two places at once. This is where your Dire wolf (in my case) or another party member comes in. I needed to switch back and forth between them so that I could open one door while another was closing elewhere. How do you get that door to open you need to? You have to devide up your party within the puzzle itself and regroup when you have it completed. Good luck.
QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-18-06 10:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
You don't need to be in two places at once. It is possible to complete these puzzles with just a single character running solo. If you're going through that area with a party, then splitting up and regrouping might make it easier to work out which buttons you need to press and in which order, but it's not the only solution

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
rayearle
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-19-06 07:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I, as many others, went through that area without help nor problem. Me not once but twice and I had to figure it out all over again the second time. But it's been months for me since I did. Yes the last water gate section is difficult to get to but not impossible. As I recall the entrance to that area is far from the other ones, although you can readily see the gate from at least one other area. I believe you have to open one secret area, as QuickDraw has suggested, to solve the last area. The locations of all of the (semi) hidden switches are shown as blue dots (actually small squares) on your compass map as you encounter them.
Hassat Hunter
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-20-06 02:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
In order to solve the puzzle for a Solo-char no secret doors NEED to be open. It just reduces the amount of needless walking; which (ofcourse) helps alot.

Trick is to open the doors near the Incantation Shrine on the right way so you can walk right around that blockade from the other side...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames