You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Plain of Tears
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » The Plain of Tears » Some Mysterious Items???
Bottom
Topic Subject:Some Mysterious Items???
Gamechaser
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-23-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)         
Hello again

I've managed to complete all the quests, but found no use of some wierd items I happened to encounter:

2 of them are from some kind of mysterious set (VEX QUIT FROM or whatever) a medallion and a bucket () the 3rd part of it is still missing.

The 3rd item is a Golden Chalice...

Does somebody know what is their purpose if there is any?

Link
Link
Link

AuthorReplies:
Graymon
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-23-06 06:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
This is part of an extra quest called... "The Mysterious Quest!" There actually 4 items you will need. The bucket, the medallion, the book, and the stone. The first 2 you have. The book you could likely get quickly and the stone is a BEE ATCH. The book is acquired by returning all 20 tomes to the guy in Kalrathia that asks you to collect them for him.(can't remember his name?) There are walkthroughs out there to tell you the exact spot they books are if you don't have them all. The stone can be somewhat more troublesome. Ever see that little ??? bugger? well you need to kill him in 3 shots or less to get the stone. After that he disappears again. The trick is to get him to come out and play!! There really is no easy way to do this. The best bet is to beef up on % magic find items and find a densely populated monster mob and start wacking. Don't pick up the items that fall because these are what attracts ???, notably very rare's and above. The only time I did this quest it took me many hours to lure him out and successfully eliminate the little bugger. Some people have better luck, but its hit or miss. Others things to watch out for is your buffs. If you use an offensive one, turn it off. It will act as one hit against ??? and make it that much harder for you to kill. It pretty much takes 3 power attacks to kill it.
Once you achieve all the above then you are able to enter the mysterious cave and complete that quest. To enter the cave you need to speak a special chant at any shrine to teleport you there. Unfortunately I can't remember it off top of my head, so again either find a walkthrough or someone else will fill it in for you. Hope I was of some help anyways.

I crave this game like a fatboy to a smartie.
Gamechaser
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-24-06 04:23 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Loool, that's gonna be a play...I have completed the Lore of Aranna...and i got some kind of a book with a short story
Well, the stone seems quite hard to obtain. The problem is, that little Bas*ard comes out just in the middle of the mess & the entangling doesn't seem to have any effect on him, so its a little hard to strike him. But I suppose its worth trying If any body knows how to make him come out, I'd be grateful Otherwise, I'm just gonna make some mess all around the face of Aranna

Still I could not understand what is that Golden Chalice for...is it just to get some 1000 gold or it has somethin' else to do with

Edit: Right...got the stone Now what...I suppose the incantation is the one written on the stone. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think in my jurney I happened to encounter a Mysteriuos cave somewhere which was looking a lot like those cavenrs form the "Kalrathian Nexus" quest. I suppose I should go there, but I don't remember where it was...So since I've got the stone, I would be happy if someone tells me what to do

[This message has been edited by Gamechaser (edited 05-24-2006 @ 04:57 AM).]

QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-24-06 08:12 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
As far as I know, the golden chalice serves no real purpose in the game... Once you pick it up (which triggers a secret door to open) you can sell it. A nice easy 1000 gold

As for the mysterious quest, you should have got the mysterious book as part of the lore of aranna reward. Talk to the scholar once to get the book "the mercenary and the scolar", and then talk to him a second time to get the real reward, inclusing the mysterious book.

As for what to do with the stone and the mysterious set, there's a short guide at http://www.gamebanshee.com/dungeonsiegeii/walkthrough/themysteriousquest.php

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
Gamechaser
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-24-06 09:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
10x a lot. I somewhat happend to talk a 2nd time to that man with the quest and since I received the book everything went to its place...its good to know a little about latin suffixes )) That showed me that the inscription on the stone is reverse...than the incantation worked

Once again 10q both 4 the help

Graymon
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-24-06 06:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
ur welcome

doc_yq
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-11-06 11:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
whats the incantation
Graymon
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-12-06 01:01 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Look a couple posts back there is a link to a walkthrough.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames