Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » The Plain of Tears » Killing a mad elf 101
Bottom
Topic Subject:Killing a mad elf 101
Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-19-06 01:47 AM EDT (US)         
I killed Arinth the Mad pretty easily in vet lvl, but now , in the elite lvl, he seems impossible. I've tried everything I know. I've tried melee, combat magic, building up fire resistance, the works. And to make matters worse, I only get singe or double digit damage from the old coot. So here I sit, a 76lvl combat mage and I just can't figure this one out. I wouldn't bother if it weren't for the skill points involved. Any hint would be sweet, thanks.
AuthorReplies:
QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-19-06 05:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Nature mages really kick ass against Arinth in elite mode - push their Absorption skill up high enough (and couple that with Spirit Embrace) and a solo nature mage can easily take him down. Rangers have an easier time of it as well, as long as they pump Survival, keep their distance and remember to use Silence.

Finally, what level are you at when you're trying to beat Arinth? The higher your character levels go, the less damage he'll be capable of inflicting on you.

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-19-06 08:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Right now I'm a lvl 79 Grand Warlock. He doesn't damage me much. I just couldn't figure out how to damage him. I hope there are at least two skill points here tho I have to admit, they hardly make a difference at this point. I'm about to beat the snot out of the Snowbrook dragon again. Arinth just asks to be beaten up, that's all. And how could I refuse?
QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-20-06 05:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
It's certainly making you work for those skill points then! Looks like it'll be a long battle of attrition.

*gives you a fresh supply of potions*

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames