You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Plain of Tears
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » The Plain of Tears » Lelani's Sorrow - Lore of Aranna
Bottom
Topic Subject:Lelani's Sorrow - Lore of Aranna
taooftiggr
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-17-07 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
I can't seem to break the chain...no one will give up what they have so I can get the other items and I haven't found anywhere else to get the items instead of from the NPC's. Anyone got any hints on how to get at least one of the items so I can resolve this quest?

Also, I am shy 5 books, 4 of which are in the Amren's quest and I don't have Amren in my party. Any way I can still get those lore books?

Thanks in advance.
AuthorReplies:
QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-17-07 03:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
As far as the books go, the 4 that are part of Amren's quest cannot be gained without Amren in the party. Without Amren you can't gain access to the underground shrines where the books are located.

Now, for Lenali's Sorrow. There's a specific chain that needs to be followed:

Lenali gives you a doll that you need to take to an Elf elsewhere in Eirulan, on the Terrace of the Falls. In return, you'll get a flask of Elven ale.

Take the Elven ale to the Azunite Desert outpost. There's a soldier there who will take it in exchange for some Skath Cat ribs.

Take the ribs back to Eirulan and talk to a soldier in one of the upstairs rooms at the inn. He'll give you a lucky statuette of Xeria. These steps can all be done within Act I.

Take the statuette of Xeria to Snowbrook Haven, and give it to a soldier in the dining room. He'll offer you a Morden head on a pike.

Take this rather gruesome trophy to Aman'lu. There's an Elf there who wants this kind of thing, and he'll give you a flask of sacred water. This is far as you can go in Act II.

Take the water to the Northern Plain of Tears and hunt around for an elevator that leads down into some underground ruins. Down there, you'll find a prospector who's running low on supplies. Give him the water, and he'll give you a supposedly priceless Agallan relic.

Up on the northern wall of Kalrathia, you'll find a Half-Giant who's a bit depressed and wants something interesting to study. Give him the relic, and he'll give you some Harpy feathers.

Take the feathers back to Aman'lu, and talk to the local fletcher. She'll gladly take the feathers, and give you what you've been looking for all this time - the Aman'lu Orchid.

Take the orchid back to Lenali in Eirulan, and claim your reward. The quest log says the suggested level is 3, but considering it takes you until Act III to complete, this is probably the most annoying quest in the entire log.

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
taooftiggr
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-17-07 03:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
If I wanted to go back and add Amren, I would have to release one of my other party members. Is there a way to do that? I remember in DS, there was a way, but I'm not finding it in DS II.
Cobra the Mediocre
Dungeoneerer
(id: The_Cobra_81)
posted 07-17-07 04:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
It's actually much easier to do in DSII. Open your inventory screen, and on the top left of that panel there should be a big round button that will allow you to disband that member.

Bear in mind, party members don't just stay where you leave them a la DS1. They return to an inn in one of the three towns. Any party members you've met but haven't recruited are probably there as well.

Of course, nothing would stop you from finding a circle of mushrooms, teleporting back to town, switching out one of your group for Amren, then teleporting back, doing the quest, and switching back again. Kind of a cheap way of doing it, but if you want to get all the books without using Amren all the time, that's probably the best way.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
taooftiggr
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-17-07 05:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Thanks. I took a break from the main quest to complete some of the secondaries. Fun of a different sort. I really liked the Arena.

It might be fun to go back and switch out a character just to do the secondary quests and get more experience points before completing the main game.
QuickDraw
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-17-07 05:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
It's always a good idea to go back and do as many secondaries as possible... Most of them offer some unique gear as part of the reward, and in some cases I've even got full sets out of them (Aman'lu Arena in veteran mode once landed me the full Lich's Carcass set on top of the 2 skill points, although I think I was just lucky that time)

From cradle to coffin... Shall my wickedness... Be your passion
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames