You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies, Sticky
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support » some help with 2.2 patch
Bottom
Topic Subject:some help with 2.2 patch
Grendelin
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-05-06 10:05 AM EDT (US)         
For people who are having trouble with the 2.2 patch, a solution that works for a lot of people can be downloaded here.
Also remember that you need to re-install the patch after installing this file.

Please note that Heavengames is in no way responsible for any harm that may come to your computer after executing this file.

[This message has been edited by shelper (edited 10-26-2006 @ 02:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-05-06 01:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17       
I don't expect you'll get an answer on this because that registry key has Product ID values... (likely related to installation keys, and probably linked to GameSpy's single login restriction too...).

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

http://www.siegetheday.org/

Grendelin
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-05-06 02:36 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17       
well, those can just be erased once its exported...i don't care about that...just right click and edit it and remove that value....

i need the install path...thats my big trouble

Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-05-06 10:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17       
I deleted anything that might be a hashed id... but here's the rest:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\DungeonSiege2]
"Version"="2.2"
"InstallationDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Dungeon Siege 2"
"Launched"="1"
"AppPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Dungeon Siege 2"
"CDPath"="W:\\"
"VersionType"="RetailVersion"
"InstalledGroup"="1"
"LangID"=dword:00000009

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

Grendelin
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-05-06 10:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17       
after several unsuccessful attempts, i have finaly got it working. if anyone else has patching problems i have the reg keys that can fix that for them!

just drop me a mail, or post that you need them, i'll mail them to you with the instructions on how to get it to work.

Grendelin
grendelin@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Grendelin (edited 06-21-2006 @ 05:42 PM).]

Taos
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-30-06 07:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17       
yes i'm also having this trouble can you send me the solution Grendelin? email is Mikniff@yahoo.com
vinakro
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-02-06 09:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17       
Can you send me the solution? My e-mail is vinakro531@hotmail.com
Pandicus Majorus
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-04-06 09:50 AM EDT (US)     7 / 17       
Yep, stuck on that as well. I'm at pandicusmajorus@gmail.com
Morzan
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-14-06 11:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17       
Hey grendelin do you know what might be wrong if i've downloaded the patch and my game wont load the main menu now??? I deleted the patch but it wasn't the prob
Grendelin
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-21-06 05:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17       
no idea man, i would re-install it and save any saved games.

sorry for the late responses to the posts, i've been playing some other games, and so have not check this board often.

put my email on the post above, send me a mail if you need the registry fix.

Grendelin

Grendelin
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-13-06 12:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17       
i am trying to get this topic stickied...since i get about 3 emails a week regarding it, and maybe attach the file and instructions...anyone have any ideas how to make this easy?

Grendelin

brianchamp
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-22-06 10:51 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17       
hi i cant get the patch to load either help email championthewonderelephant@yahoo.co.uk
Grendelin
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-18-06 01:39 AM EDT (US)     12 / 17       
BUMP
Losmi1991
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-24-06 02:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17       
When I try to instal it it gets to the Sound1.res and says something about not being able to read the patch file(or something like that)!
Help

churug@neobee.net

Magrum Erupto

[This message has been edited by Losmi1991 (edited 09-24-2006 @ 02:48 PM).]

Timelord
HG Cherub
posted 11-16-06 05:48 AM EDT (US)     14 / 17       
Hi,
I am trying to install the v2.2 patch on the retail version of DS2. It processes a couple of files and then gives the error that it has insufficient disk space to execute the patch. I have over 2.5GB free in that drive...any ideas anyone?

I have already tried using the registry key in the download section posted by smileyshelper but to no avail. Any help will be appreciated.

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-16-06 11:21 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17       

Quote:

The file is a bit over 12 Megabytes. Note that, during the patch process, you need just over 4 GBytes of free hard drive space (the Readme says 2.5GBytes, but it's wrong).

Timelord
HG Cherub
posted 11-16-06 11:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17       
Sharkull, thanks for that. I'll free up some more and try. I've been holding off playing the game coz of that.

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
My Dragon Age development blog
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 11-17-06 04:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17       
You're welcome...

Note: I think the space is needed on the drive partition that holds your Windows Temp folder (in case you have the game installed somewhere else).

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames