You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support » Ebuelula Who?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ebuelula Who?
Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 02-24-07 01:33 AM EDT (US)         
It's odd. Every time I try to download a mod (lightsabers for example), I get a message telling me that my computer can't find, load, locate, whatever, a file called ebueula. I may be spelling it wrong but can you guys help me figure this out? Is it something I need to download first? It says DS2 cannot continue (to download the mod) without it. Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 02-26-07 00:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
This post doesn't make sense. You download mods using a web browser not DS2...

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

http://www.siegetheday.org/

Cobra the Mediocre
Dungeoneerer
(id: The_Cobra_81)
posted 02-26-07 12:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
I believe he means install or run a mod, not download it.

I'm basically worthless in the field of tech support, but to me, the "eula" part immediately jumped out, where normally it stands for "End User License Agreement."

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-11-07 09:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Sorry if got the browser part backward. I meant that I cannot install the mod once it's been downloaded because my computer is missing a file that I believe is supposed to connect the two (Mod to DS2). I also get a window that says it (my computer) cannot find splash.exe and that DS2 needs this file to continue an install. Any ideas?
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-12-07 00:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
I have no idea what you're trying to do, or what's wrong. First, make sure the mod is for DS2 and not DS1. Second, if the mod is simply a DS2RES file, then just put it into your DS2 Resources directory and start the game normally... You may want to try Elys All Saves if your save games aren't visible, but otherwise everything should be straight forward. If you're getting strange errors I'd suspect your game installation may be corrupt.

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-13-07 12:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
What am I trying to do? I'm trying install a mod into my game. For some unknown reason I cannot. I may have deleted a file that I need in Windows. I'll figure it out, but thanks for the input anyway.
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-13-07 03:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
I meant: I don't know how you are "trying to install a mod". You never described the steps you've taken, and it is virtually impossible to help you without this information.

Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-21-07 02:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
O.K. So here's the idiotic thing I did. First of All, I'm playing DS2 on a laptop. When I upgraded from 512MB to 2GB RAM, I cleaned out a lot of old junk files including the tool kit. When I pushed Start>all programs, the tool kit was still listed as a file so I didn't bother to check to see if it was really there-it wasn't. So now I have the patch and a modded game. Now if I could just remember what mod it is. I think it's better loot.
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-21-07 04:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
You still haven't described how you tried / are trying to install the mod...

BTW, the DS2TK is a set of separate programs installed in separate directories. It has no effect at all on regular DS2.

Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-24-07 00:43 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
I went dsheavens home page. Went to downloads. Clicked on a mod (lightsabers). I got to a page that described what the mod would do. Pressed the red bar that says 'download file'. When the file was downloaded I got a window that said it was a zipped folder. It also gave me default location. I extracted the file to the default location but saw nothing different about the game I was playing, a game listed as DS2mod on my computer. So I tried to extract the file to DS2res, save and possibly a couple of other places to no avail. Through most of this, every time time I tried to extract the file or re-download it , I got a message telling me that a file called splash.exe could not be found and that DS2 could not continue to add the mod without it. I also got a message saying that the Ebeuela(?)file was missing. Well, some how I ended up with a modded game but I don't know if it's really modded or not. None of the mods I downloaded are there. The patch went into the game though, so I can least play without the 'known issues' getting in the way.
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-24-07 07:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Reading the information for the Lightsabers mod, it appears to be incomplete...

Quote:

It also gave me default location.

The Zip file's extraction default location will not have anything to do with the proper place for a mod file.

"DS2Mod" is part of the DS2TK, and is a completely separate program than regular DS2 (which DS2Mod requires... at patch level 2.2). If you use this program to play then the mod files must end in ".ds2mod" and be located here:
My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 Mod\Mods\

If you use regular DS2 to play, then your mod files (with file extensions ".ds2res") go here (if you installed in the default path):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege 2\Resources\

If you're using BW, then the .ds2res files go into the BW Resources directory.

Quote:

I got a message telling me that a file called splash.exe could not be found and that DS2 could not continue to add the mod without it. I also got a message saying that the Ebeuela(?)file was missing.

I don't have any ideas here, except for if you're trying to start the DS2Mod program without the DS2 play disc in your optical drive. DS2 doesn't "add the mod", it simply uses the game files available to it, including any mods added to its \Resources\ directory. "Installing" a mod typically means putting a mod file in a special directory (the only DS2 exceptions I know of are Elys' AllSaves and Succubus mods which are actually programs). Any reference to "spash.exe" or an eula are completely separate from the "installation" or use of any DS2 mods that I know of.

Quote:

Well, some how I ended up with a modded game but I don't know if it's really modded or not. None of the mods I downloaded are there.

Some mods are immediately apparent to the user and others are not... Also, when using multiple mods together be aware that mod conflicts can happen if two or more mods affect the same file / setting...

Lastly, with patch v2.2, adding mods will hide your existing savegames from you. If you are using the retail game exe to play and your old save games are still visible in-game, then you probably haven't "installed" the mods correctly.

Sol Du Rorr
Dungeoneerer
posted 03-25-07 12:51 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
It looks like dealing with mods, patches, and all other technical aspects of DS2 are almost as complex as the game itself. But, like you, I still think it's worth learning, even if I'm a little slow at it (I'm fairly new to the whole pc game world anyway). Thanks for everything.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames