You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support » Game Has Stopped Working
Bottom
Topic Subject:Game Has Stopped Working
Raxter54
Dungeoneerer
posted 02-24-07 11:19 AM EDT (US)         
I have Dungeon Siege 2 Deluxe Edition. I am currently in the desert portion of the game. I had just finished talking to the elven spirit when I needed to quit. When I tried playing the game the next day, it wouldn't start.

When I click on the game icon, the black screen with the dots in the lower left corner comes up. The dots start moving to the rigth, but then stop. The game does not load any further.

I've tried all the suggested remedies at the Microsoft tech site to no avail. I've loaded in the latest drivers for my ATI X1300 video card. It just will not get past that black screen.

One other item - when I try running the DS2 Video Config program, the cursor shows an hour glass for about 5 seconds, and then nothing happens. When I do a cntr-alt-del and go to the running processes tab, the program is running, but doesn't show up on my screen.

Why would the program just suddenly start doing this? I've deleted and re-installed several times to no effect.

Can anyone help me?

Raxter54

AuthorReplies:
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 02-26-07 00:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Sounds like something is corrupted in your settings / saves. Look in My Documents\My Games\... for the folder pertaining to the game you're playing. There's probably something in there causing your problem.

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

http://www.siegetheday.org/

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames