You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support » Targeting Powers Refuse to Work
Bottom
Topic Subject:Targeting Powers Refuse to Work
Found Missing
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-25-07 11:22 PM EDT (US)         
Hi, everyone. I've encountered a problem with Dungeon Siege 2: Broken World recently; one that's come on for no apparent reason. Powers which target enemies or terrain have completely stopped working; although they recharge and display the normal area-of-effect highlight and target cursor when activated, they simply deactivate when I click. I've tried reinstalling BW, reinstalling DS2 (both while backing up my saved games), trying the game without my savegames in place to see if they are the problem, and, more recently, buying a different set of discs and reinstalling from them, all to no avail. I'm not sure what the source of the problem could possibly be, but I'd deeply appreciate any help or advice.

Choosing between Elemental Orbs and Chain Lightning for every combat mage isn't that entertaining, you know.
AuthorReplies:
Found Missing
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-28-07 01:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Update: It seems that targeting powers now work if I activate them and right-click on an area of terrain! I've also managed to turn a terrain-targeting power into one that happens on an attack (like Aimed Shot), though I'm not sure how. This is only getting stranger, but it's definitely the next best thing to fixing the bug altogether.

Edit: Not sure of its significance, but when I double-click a targeting power, cancel it, and click it again, it just happens somewhere near my character.

Also, when I switch the game's mouse button controls, targeting powers work normally. I'm thinking this means that the mouse button-setup for targeting powers in particular has been switched for some reason, thus my problem. Does anyone know how to change this?

[This message has been edited by Found Missing (edited 05-28-2007 @ 01:56 AM).]

Cobra the Mediocre
Dungeoneerer
(id: The_Cobra_81)
posted 05-28-07 04:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
You're certain that it's actually a bug? I've used right clicks to fire off powers for quite a while.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-29-07 02:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Sounds like everything is working as designed / intended...
http://www.dungeonsiege2.net/ds2fun/help/?geo=en&lesson=20

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

http://www.siegetheday.org/

Found Missing
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-29-07 05:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Well, that explains everything. I'd stopped playing for a while before the problem started; I must have simply forgotten that powers cancel when you left-click on terrain, rather than right-click. I'm very sorry for wasting everyone's time.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames