You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: Technical Support » Broken World and Characters in the Inn (Multiplayer)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Broken World and Characters in the Inn (Multiplayer)
Loimko
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-23-07 02:14 PM EDT (US)         
Hello.

After completing all DS2 difficulty maps in Multiplayer, my friend and I decided to finally install the Broken World expansion.
We have been playing the Expansion for a few hours now, and decided to do some Enchanting. Here's where the problem occured. I will explain the situation.

I have 6 Pack Mules in my Inn (And about 5 characters I only used for side-quests in DS2)
I have 3 Pack Mules carrying ALL of the DS2 COMPLETE sets.
I have 2 Pack Mules carrying ALL of the DS2 Unique items.
I have 1 Pack Mule carrying tons of Enchanting ingredients.

The problem is simple: In Broken World I am unable to add ANY of the Mules OR Characters to my party. When I select a Mule or Character in the Inn and press 'Add' the window closes and nothing happens.
Personally I think it's because Broken World allows you to Convert your 'active' party ONLY. So I think that all the Mules and Characters in the Inn are NOT converted and will therefore NEVER be obtainable again.
Can anyone confirm my thoughts ? Is this a known 'issue' ? Anyone has any idea how to fix this ?

I tried all Mules and Characters, I tried changing map difficulty and I tried removing 2 party members instead of just 1, to get a Mule into the party.

Thanks in advance for any replies
-Loimko.
AuthorReplies:
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-23-07 04:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
It's a known issue. DS2's Inn was bugged, but only some people had the bug affect them. In BW, GPG implemented a fix, but it only applies to characters created using the BW exe. Converted characters can actually become more broken (like you describe) during the conversion process.

Here's something that might help (?):
http://garage.gaspowered.com/?q=node/6340

You'll also want to verify that the game mode you're using allows more than one MP party member. Otherwise, if it's the stuff that you really want, a shop mod (that sells uniques / sets) should do the trick.

Good luck.

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

http://www.siegetheday.org/

Loimko
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-23-07 05:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Thanks for the Reply Sharkull.

I quote: "This "fix" will wipe out all characters in the inn, allowing you to recruit them again from scratch"

There's no way I'm gonna do that
I don't care about the characters, I want my Unique and Set Items back.. And of course my Enchanting ingredients I worked so hard on collecting...
Damn.. These mules have no value to me except for the TIME I've spent collecting all of these items..
Buying those items back from an NPC will not give me the satisfaction I have now..

Man.. Another huge disappointment for me, coming from GPG.
What a bunch of amateurs..
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-23-07 10:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
If it's just the stuff, transfer the items (before conversion) to temp non-Inn characters, and then back again to your character (after conversion). It would take some time, but should work. You don't even need anyone else to help you either... just use the multi=true flag to start multiple instances of DS2 and off you go.

Hope this helps.

“Truth is hard to sell; it gives no sense of purpose. It is simply truth.” (Terry Goodkind)

[This message has been edited by Sharkull (edited 06-23-2007 @ 10:38 PM).]

Loimko
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-24-07 04:36 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
That's just too much of a hassle..
I guess I'll just be mad and sad about losing all of our hard work, and in the meantime blame GPG for my losses. And blame Microsoft for not minding their business.

Works for me...
I don't wanna mess around with DS2 in any way, like losing this or that as well would make it even worse.

I just wanna play online with my friend, and reach level 100 (or is it 99?) I'm currently 81.
I'm not receiving ANY Experience points from the level 70 monsters in Veteran, Broken World. So we're gonna rush through the main quest and play Elite difficulty with all sidequests and lots of runs to collect new items.

Are there any NEW sets in Broken world by the way, for high level characters ?
And why aren't there any sets or uniques for above level 85 ? (As far as I've read)

Thanks
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-25-07 00:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
There are seven new sets, one for each class but CM gets two (nothing new for newbie characters). Plus there are three more ("crossover" sets) if you have DS: Throne of Agony too.

Darkelven
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-25-07 10:38 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
here is a site with some details on the BrokenWorld sets. -
http://guides.gamepressure.com/dungeonsiege2brokenworld/guide.asp?ID=1591

also they have some uniques as well listed

[This message has been edited by Darkelven (edited 06-25-2007 @ 10:47 AM).]

Loimko
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-26-07 02:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
It is as I feared..

No usefull items for level 80 or above. And not a single set either.

Too bad. I guess I can just quit playing Broken World then.. There's nothing which is gonne make me any better..
Cobra the Mediocre
Dungeoneerer
(id: The_Cobra_81)
posted 06-26-07 02:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
You could go for level 100, and max out the characters. Not for everybody, but it does let you finish all the levels.

Cobra the Mediocre
SteadilY working up to Average
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
(Age of Kings Heaven) (The Renegades)
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-26-07 03:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Or you could start modding the game, adding your own items / sets / uniques, creating new maps...

Loimko
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-27-07 04:03 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Yeah, I will go for level 100.
Further more the fact that there are no real interesting mods out there for DS2, makes me think that it's probably impossible (for me) to mod for DS2.

I've seen complete make-over mods for DS, like the Ultima thing. That sounds interesting. But for DS2, there's nothing like that, is there ? Just simple hacks/cheats and no real gameplay changing mods.
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-27-07 03:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
I've seen complete make-over mods for DS, like the Ultima thing. That sounds interesting. But for DS2, there's nothing like that, is there ? Just simple hacks/cheats and no real gameplay changing mods.
This is not because it is impossible (and there are a few gameplay changing mods)... it's just that the DS2 modding community was treated somewhat poorly by GPG, and a few key people left the scene. Add that to the save game CRC (making mods less easy to use) and you have no major projects being completed (what's the purpose with such a small target audience, and potentially significant support nightmares).

If you mod for your own needs then most of the problems won't affect you.

Found Missing
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-06-07 12:50 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
IIRC, BW isn't compatible with the old DS2 editor, so it's virtually impossible to create a map for it. Also, I believe there's a thread in the Gas Powered Garage that states that GPG has no plans to release any new DS editors, so that basically kills that concept from here on.
Sharkull
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-06-07 03:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
Maps created using the DS2TK will work with BW, but only in Mercenary (not Veteran / Elite). There is also no assurance that BW resources will work with the old tool kit... some things will work, others will not. You're basically limited to DS2 resources for map making unless you make your own resources or find some BW stuff that does work.

Also, there has been no announcement even hinting at an updated release to the tool kit for BW, and after so much time I don't expect one.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames