You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.52 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Dungeon Siege II
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dungeon Siege II
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 05-13-03 09:15 PM EDT (US)         
The announcement is finally here.

" Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Dungeon Siege II, the sequel to the best-selling RPG from Gas Powered Games, is currently in development and is slated for release in 2004. A trailer for Dungeon Siege II will be shown at E3, the annual video game convention taking place in Los Angeles from May 14 through 16. Visitors to the Microsoft booth (South Hall #1246) will be treated to a taste of the vision and direction of this upcoming title. This cinematic feast for the eyes showcases the extraordinary capabilities of the Dungeon Siege II engine, as the entire movie was created in-engine.

"Run to the village and warn the chickens!" said Chris Taylor, president of Gas Powered Games. "At this year's E3 we are showing the first sneak peek of what we have in store with Dungeon Siege 2. To emphasize the advances we have made in the RPG genre, we created a very special trailer using the actual in-game rendering engine. The future is here and we are all extremely excited to be a part of it with the announcement of the next title in the Dungeon Siege franchise."

Dungeon Siege II is the sequel to Dungeon Siege, an action fantasy role-playing game featuring an immersive fully 3-D environment. The original Dungeon Siege plunges players into a 3-D fantasy world where players can build up a party and move seamlessly from one over-the-top battle to the next.

Dungeon Siege is currently available in stores for an estimated retail price of $29.95 (U.S.). It can also be ordered by calling Microsoft at (888) 218-5617 or via the Internet at http://shop.microsoft.com /. For more information, please visit the official site at http://www.microsoft.com/games/dungeonsiege /.

Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the PC, Xbox video game system and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse game portfolios for the PC (http://www.microsoft.com/games/), including such franchises as Age of Empires, Flight Simulator and Zoo Tycoon; Xbox (http://www.xbox.com/), including such franchises as Halo, Project Gotham Racing and NFL Fever; and Zone.com (http://www.zone.com/), the official games channel for the MSN network and home to such hits as Bejeweled and OutSmart. "

Be sure to post any comments, predictions, or other things related to the release of Dungeon Siege II here.

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->

[This message has been edited by Aetius (edited 05-16-2003 @ 08:20 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
neo222
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-16-03 04:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 52       

Quote:

What we saw indicated that the sequel will put you in more epic-sized battles. Several of the trailer's brief scenes focused on large groups of humans or monsters running or engaging in combat. Separate shots showed swarms of insectoid creatures and lines of human archers at the top of castle ramparts.

Yay! Since DS 1, i've wanted large battles (first i thought i would get some at Fortress Kroth, then at Castle Ehb) i even tried enticing legionaires to attack. OOo... it sounds so cool! Mmm... epic. I love the last sentances *has Helm's Deep flashbacks*

I also like the idea of perhaps being able to ride horses *has more Helm's Deep flashbacks*

neo222
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-17-03 05:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 52       
Hey, cool video clip *likes the look of the row of archers on a wall*. Now i wonder how long it would take to download that 2 gig thing...
David
HG Alumnus
posted 05-17-03 07:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 52       
For me, from a great server, I do 1 MB in 8 secs.

2.3 GB = 2.3 * 1024 MB = 2355.2

2355.2 * 8 = 18841.6 seconds = about 5h 15 mins

That won't happen though, more likly would be 15 hours, from a fast server, and 30 hours from a normal server.

And yes, that clip looks great. I hope we'll get a non-filmed version to download from GPG soon.

LKS_Zemon
Dungeoneerer
posted 05-18-03 10:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 52       
where are these pictures and clips?

Know my name and fear it!
Look in my face, step in my soul, i begin to stupify!
Tremble in fear, you are finished!
-LKS Zemon
David
HG Alumnus
posted 05-18-03 12:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 52       
Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 05-18-03 09:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 52       
Yeah, that video clip was pretty sweet.

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->
British Agent
Dungeoneerer
posted 06-14-03 10:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 52       
How's this gonna work? Will DS2 simply be intergrated into Dungeon Siege Heaven? Or will there be a Dungeon Siege II Heaven too, like they did with AoE and AoE 2?

~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
neo222
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-12-03 10:22 AM EDT (US)     8 / 52       
Might someone be able to post a link to the video? I can't find it anywhere!

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
David
HG Alumnus
posted 07-13-03 06:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 52       
Well, since the news post isn't on the first page anymore, you might be right.

I just did a google search on ds2_promo.wmv (the name of the file) and the top hit was this:
http://www.dailyrush.dk/files/movies/238/download /

Download should start automaticly. (The site's in Danish, so I thought I should add that. )

neo222
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-13-03 06:09 AM EDT (US)     10 / 52       
I really hope they make it so the game is interupted when someone joins in an online game in DS2.

Also, do you know who any of the voices are in the background? Like the woman at the end who says "I can't wait." is that Theta?

[This message has been edited by Eothain (edited 07-13-2003 @ 06:14 AM).]

David
HG Alumnus
posted 07-13-03 09:51 AM EDT (US)     11 / 52       
That being Theta is probably quite a slim chance. First of all, she'd have had to be at E3, and wasn't Asherons Call 2 released pre-E3? Not sure why she'd be there.

Plus, wasn't that a man's voice?

Also remember that there wasn't much DSII at E3, only this video running on a screen. The people might very well be discussing some other game in the MS monter.

David
HG Alumnus
posted 07-16-03 06:00 AM EDT (US)     12 / 52       
Don't miss the new trailer, for all you're worth! I've watched it 3 times so far and I'll watch it again right after I click on the submit button for this post!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dungeonsiege2/media.html

neo222
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-16-03 07:13 AM EDT (US)     13 / 52       
It's the same as the E3 one just with sound. It's still cool though (gotta love those archers on the wall just as that monster rears his ugly head!)

David
HG Alumnus
posted 07-16-03 07:27 AM EDT (US)     14 / 52       
It's not just the same...there are plenty of new scenes, like the "Jurrasic Park"-like where two chars are chased by a T-Rex-like creature.

Not to mention it's in a mch better quality than the last one.

I love the scene where the lit arrow flies through the cave...dynamic lightning at it's best!

neo222
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-16-03 07:59 AM EDT (US)     15 / 52       
I still love the archers on the wall... Mmmm... archers. Like i've said before, i've always wanted big battles in DS I, and the biggest i got was getting three guards to fight a bunch of undead outside the gates of Fortress Kroth.

David
HG Alumnus
posted 07-16-03 09:14 AM EDT (US)     16 / 52       
Well, it looks like we might get something bigger in the sequel, don't you think?

GameSpot seems to think so out of seeing the E3 trailer, and it surely seems like there'll be at least a few larger battles.

King Barbarossa
Dungeoneerer
posted 07-16-03 08:21 PM EDT (US)     17 / 52       
Can we expect to see alternate download mirrors for the DS2 trailer? Gamespot seems kinda laggy.

|King Barbarossa |
| Webmaster/Web Designer |
David
HG Alumnus
posted 07-17-03 03:14 AM EDT (US)     18 / 52       
Well, GameSpot got an exclusive deal for now. With some luck other sites will be allowed to host it in a week or so.
David
HG Alumnus
posted 01-26-04 05:52 PM EDT (US)     19 / 52       
IGN has just mentioned a release date of October 2004. Now that's later than I had hoped for, but hey, they should take the time they need and now I'm starting to get excited for E3.

So, let's get some discussion up. What do you hope the most for to be in this sequel? For me...I believe that while we got plenty of maps and playtime in Dungeon Siege, it still lacked something in the replayability section. Perhaps a larger difference between the classes would help? Less linear story/map? There are multiple ways to tackle such problems.

ThePerfectCore
Darker than you
posted 01-26-04 06:11 PM EDT (US)     20 / 52       

Quote:

It's not just the same...there are plenty of new scenes, like the "Jurrasic Park"-like where two chars are chased by a T-Rex-like creature.
Not to mention it's in a mch better quality than the last one.

I love the scene where the lit arrow flies through the cave...dynamic lightning at it's best!

I'm wary of games whose trailers are completely CGI.

I watched the SpyHunter2 trailer and got the game for Christmas. After 2 hours of playing I wanted to snap the disc in half and carve "NEVER AGAIN YOU ****ING IDIOT" in my arm.

ThePerfectCore
"My head asplode."
Outlander
Dungeoneerer
posted 01-30-04 00:11 AM EDT (US)     21 / 52       
Yeah, I think it'd be real reassuring to see some Screenies right now.

I've heard somewhere that there are no fires in hell
Just constant reminders that all you did was fail

I'm baaack
Preypacer
Dungeoneerer
posted 02-01-04 11:57 PM EDT (US)     22 / 52       
@ ThePerfectCore

Quote:

I'm wary of games whose trailers are completely CGI

I had exactly the same reaction..well... not exactly the same.. but my initial one was "ho-hum... it'd be nice to see some actual in-game shots"..

I later found out that, while I don't think those scenes are necessarily what you'll see in the game, that the entire trailer was done in the DS2 engine.. those are not pre-rendered. Now *that* is impressive.. To have something look so good that you think it's pre-rendered until you learn otherwise is, I think, a true testimonial to how beautiful that game is going to be.

Anyway.. my .02 cents.

David
HG Alumnus
posted 02-02-04 04:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 52       
Small note. Just because it's done in the game's engine doesn't mean it's not pre-rendered. I'm pretty sure it is. And if it's not, you'd probably need a dual pentium 4 2x3.5 Ghz with 2048 MB DDR and the top-of-the-line graphics card to run it without any lag.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 02-13-2004 @ 05:39 AM).]

kevo
Dungeoneerer
(id: kevingamer prime)
posted 03-26-04 08:45 PM EDT (US)     24 / 52       

Quote:

Small note. Just because it's done in the game's engine doesn't mean it's not pre-rendered. I'm pretty sure it is. And if it's not, you'd probably need a dual pentium 4 2x3.5 Ghz with 2048 MB DDR and the top-of-the-line graphics card to run it without any lag.

Survival of the fittest, eh?

David
HG Alumnus
posted 04-07-04 07:20 PM EDT (US)     25 / 52       
For you [weird] people who don't read the news, make sure you check this out:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=17145&mode=thread&order=0

Key Features:

• Elite Battle Party - Players must choose battle comrades carefully to build a party of up to six members. Parties can be honed over time using an all-new character development system filled with new skills and specialties.
  • Hero Powers. As the stakes have increased, so have the party's abilities. Each class now has access to unique Heroic Powers that are capable of turning the tide of battle, but they require wisdom and strategic timing to use properly.
  • Powerful and unusual allies. The packmule was only the beginning. Players can now choose from a number of exotic creatures with special abilities that adventure and grow alongside players.
  • More Dangerous Enemies. Players will face-off against opponents whose power and tactical prowess will rival their own. The enemies in "Dungeon Siege II" will have all-new powers and abilities. As a result of the new Coach AI technology introduced in "Dungeon Siege II," enemies are full of surprises.
  • Interactive World - The world of "Dungeon Siege II" is brimming with activity. From pitched battles raging around players as they adventure through the world, to special environments that players can turn to their tactical advantage in the heat of battle - players will do well to pay heed to the world around them.
  • Jaw-dropping special effects. The new SFX engine in "Dungeon Siege II" takes visual special effects to the next level for everything from the environmental atmosphere to dazzling spell effects, creating an engrossing and immersive gaming experience.
  • Cinematic storytelling. "Dungeon Siege II" introduces a new Flick authoring system providing a new level of in-engine cinematic storytelling that keeps players in the game world instead of pulling them away from it. New story-driven quests provide a deeper adventure that evolves with players as they complete quests and missions. In addition, the dynamic world of "Dungeon Siege II" changes around players in real-time in response to their combat and quests

Not to mention the two first screenshots we've seen of Dungeon Siege II! The first one especially makes me drool and long for autumn. (Something rather remarkable when you live in sweden. The longing for autumn that is, not drooling.)

• « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames