You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions
Moderated by David

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Dungeon Siege Heaven » Forums » Dungeon Siege II: General Discussions » Save games, where?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Save games, where?
Interloper
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-16-05 02:14 AM EDT (US)         
Where on earth are the saved game-files, they are not in the folder nor in my documents (since they tend to do that a lot lately). Maybe I missed something, if so, please help me out. Kinda irritated by the fact that I HAVE to play this at home instead of putting it on my ftp to continue at a friends place...
AuthorReplies:
Themes II
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-16-05 07:28 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
C:\My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2\Save\SinglePlayer

Hope this helps!

Ubbax
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-20-05 05:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
For those who may be unaware, you can also have the game place saves in a location of your choice.
This is done through "Target-line parameters" added to the Dungeon Siege II shortcut icon.

A list of Parameters and step by step instructions on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;903677
You may have to copy and paste, or type, the link into the address bar of another window to access the page.

Just keep in mind; when using a directory path which may contain spaces, to enclose the path in quotes.

Example: You wish the game to place your saves in D:\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege 2

add the following parameter to the shortcuts Target line

save_path="D:\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege 2"

Hope some of you find the listed parameters useful

Ubbax

Episthene
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-20-05 07:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
mmm, the link does not work.

I would be quite interested because Windows does not allow me to right click on my files if they are buried deep. So I cannot back-up my saves manually, unless I create a DOS batch (painful to say the least).

Ubbax
Dungeoneerer
posted 09-21-05 01:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
@Episthene

Several people reported you cannot click on the link, which is why right below it I mentioned the following:

Quote:

You may have to copy and paste, or type, the link into the address bar of another window to access the page.

I'm not sure why clicking the link will not go directly to the page but I do know that you will be taken to the page if you:
copy it, then paste it into your browser window, and hit return.

I would prefer people go to the actual page but I've provided the information below.

INTRODUCTION
You can use target-line parameters to customize the Microsoft Dungeon Siege II startup process and to resolve certain problems that may occur when you try to start or play the game. This article lists the target-line parameters and explains how they work.

MORE INFORMATION
The following table lists the target-line parameters that you can use to start Dungeon Siege II.

Parameter followed by Description

dpnsvr=false
If you receive a black screen while you try to join or to host a multiplayer session of Dungeon Siege II, this parameter may resolve the issue.

fpslog=true
Records frames-per-second information and outputs the information to the Fps.log file in the Dungeon Siege 2 folder.

nosound=true
Turns off all sounds. This includes music.

nointro=true
Skips the Microsoft and GPG logo movies when the game starts.

noloadintro=true
Skips the game’s cinematic introduction when you start to play a single-player game.

fullscreen=false
Forces Dungeon Siege II to run in windowed mode.

height=xxxx
Forces Dungeon Siege II to run at xxxx resolution height.

width=xxxx
Forces Dungeon Siege II to run at xxxx resolution width.

bpp=xx
Forces Dungeon Siege II to run in a specific color depth, where xx can be 16 or 32.

verifydata=true
** DO NOT USE THIS PARAMETER. This functioned during development & on early builds of the game, it will not work on any Retail Release. Whether an installed version is good or bad it will report an EXE verification and CRC error.
Instructs Dungeon Siege II to verify the integrity of its executable and resource data when the game starts. This process takes time to run and shows a dialog box after each file is verified. If the test indicates that a file is corrupted, try reinstalling the game.
**Note Turn this option off after you use it.

nospacecheck=true
Skips the free-disk-space and available-memory checks on startup.

turtle=true
Turns on auto-disconnect from a multiplayer session when a computer times out, or when there is no response from a computer for a long time. By default, this feature is on. Setting the turtle=false parameter turns off auto-disconnection. Do not change this option.

maxfps=xx
Forces Dungeon Siege II to run at a maximum frame rate of xx.

Tutorial_tips=false
Disables all tutorial tips in-game.

keys_path=path
Specifies a location other than the \My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 folder where the Keys game files are saved.

save_path=path
Specifies a location other than \My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 folder where the Save game files are saved.

shots_path=path
Specifies a location other than the \My Documents\My Games\Dungeon Siege 2 folder where the Screenshots game files are saved.

To manually add parameters to the Dungeon Siege II shortcut target line, follow these steps:

1. Right-click Start, and then click Open or click Open All Users.

2. Double-click the Programs folder.
3. Double-click the Dungeon Siege 2 folder.
4. Right-click the Dungeon Siege 2 shortcut icon, and then click Properties.
5. Click the Shortcut tab.

6. Click the Target box, press END, press SPACEBAR, and then type the parameter that you want to use. If you want to use an additional parameter, insert a blank space after the first parameter, and then type the next parameter. For example, the following target line includes two parameters: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Dungeon Siege 2\DungeonSiege2.exe" nointro=true fullscreen=false

7. Click OK.
8. Close the window that is currently active.

9. Insert the Dungeon Siege II CD 1 into the CD or DVD drive. If you press the SHIFT key at the time that you insert the CD, the program does not automatically start.

10. Start Dungeon Siege II from the shortcut that you modified.

Hopefully this info is useful to some of you..
Ubbax

Edited to add the warning concerning the verifydata=true parameter.

[This message has been edited by Ubbax (edited 09-21-2005 @ 04:59 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Dungeon Siege Heaven | HeavenGames