Dungeon Siege II FAQ
We hope this will answer any questions you have got that can not be answered by our Dungeon Siege II game info section. If not, feel free to ask them in the forums.
Q: When will Dungeon Siege II be released?
August 16th 2005. The European release seems to be around the end of August/early September.
Q: Will the story continue that of Dungeon Siege?
The story will take place in the same world as Dungeon Siege, but the story will not be directly related from what we know.
Q: How many characters will I be able to have control of?
The maximum eight characters of Dungeon Siege has been reduced to six. While this might seem like a step down, it’s an understandable change to be able to make the characters more complex and detailed.
You will be able to bring multiple characters, up to four, into multiplayer though. The maximum amount depends on how many players there are in the game.
Q: Will Dungeon Siege II use the same engine as DS?
Yes it will still use the Siege Engine. It will be a further developed and contain heaps of new features of course, but the base will be the Dungeon Siege engine. This means we don’t have to worry that the no loading and other nice features will disappear.
Q: What about the ability to mod the game? Will Dungeon Siege II keep that aspect of DS?
Yes. Since the game will use essentially the same engine we suspect that the tools used for modding, as well as developing, by GPG, Dungeon Siege II, is a further developed version of the Dungeon Siege ToolKit. Want to prepare for DSII modding? Learn how to mod DS and you’ll get a headstart!
Q: System Requirements?
- Windows XP SP1 or newer
- PC with 1.0 Ghz equivalent or higher processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 4 GB of available hard disk space
- Quad-speed or higher CD-ROM drive
- Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- Broadband internet access or LAN for online/multiplayer
- Supported Video Card
- ATI Radeon™ series 7000 or better*
- Nvidia Geforce series
- Intel Extreme Graphics 82845, 82865, 82915*
* – ATI Radeon™ 7000 series and the Intel Extreme Graphics 82845, 82865, 82915 require 2.0 GHz equivalent or higher processor